Saturday, May 7, 2016

Country Ball Jar Bouquet



I love those old fashioned Ball/canning jars!  When I found the jar cut in the  CTMH Artistry cartridge I was so happy!  Ball jars remind me of my grandma and visiting her farm when I was a kid!

I chose these willowy looking floral branches from Home Decor to match the background paper from CTMH White Pines Collection.  Yes, I realize it is a Christmas / Winter collection; however, all of these papers are so versatile they can be used for several different occasions!

My jar was cut from White Daisy cardstock and watercolored with the lightest blue paint from the CTMH Watercolor Palette.  I then went around the edges with Sky ink.

Those willowy vines were cut from Sweet Leaf cardstock and inked int he same color.  The flowers were all cut from Daisy White and inked with pigment inks:  Cranberry, Hollyhock and Honey.

My background is watercolor paper and watercolor.  Once I painted over the piece in a couple of orange type colors, I loaded my brush and flicked some to put some splatters over it.  I went around the edge with Cranberry pigment ink.

I tied it all up with some Sunset Baker's Twine and added some sparkle gems from my stash.

This pretty sentiment is from a CTMH set called Framed (retired).

I'm sending my flowers off to the following challenges:

Bitten by the Bug 2:  Bouquet/ Vase of Flowers
Outlawz Monday Greetings:  Spring has Sprung

Thanks for coming by today; so nice of you to visit!  Please feel free to peruse other posts/pages, check out the great specials at CTMH this month,  leave me a comment/question, or contact me.  I'm always happy to hear from you.



3 comments:

  1. This card is beautiful with the bouqet of flowers in the jar. The papers are perfect and look great with the image and flowers. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the water coloring on this card, so soft and pretty. This is really a lovely card, it just feels welcoming. Thank you for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card. You have used a combination of flowers in the mason jar that I have never seen before and I love it. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2

    Maureen

    ReplyDelete